Red At Night - Katie McGarry

03 July 2014



Pages: 304 pages
Edition: Ebook
Language: English
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: Freebie
Started: 9th of June, 2014
Finished: 9th of June, 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS GET ON AMAZON
In Red at Night, Stella and Jonah are total opposites. She's the girl with purple hair from the wrong part of town. He's a high school senior who hangs with the cool crowd. Until a car accident leaves him haunted by guilt, and Jonah starts spending time at Stella's favorite refuge…the local cemetery.

Stella knows she should keep her distance—after all, she spent her girlhood being bullied by Jonah's friends. Once he's sorted out his tangled emotions, Jonah won't have time for her anymore. Too bad she's already fallen for him.

MY THOUGHTS

Red at Night was a free novella I downloaded from Amazon. It was a really short read and it was from Katie McGarry and I have heard good stuff about her books so I was curious to read at least something by her. I didn't know what the book was about exactly, but it sounded cute and I liked the redness on the cover.

In this book we follow Stella and Jonah, who are totally the opposite of each other. Both Stella and Jonah spend a lot of time at the cemetery. Jonah is haunted by guilt after a car accident.

It's a book with dual narratives and that seems to be some sort of trend. I don't mind dual narratives, but it's to my favorite. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It worked a bit in this one. It's hard to switch over sometimes and sometimes I was just confused whose narrative it was this time.

I liked Katie McGarry's writing and I'm sure I'll be picking up more books by her. Also I loved the romance in this book. Plus Stella had purple hair which was just awesome. I mean, I would go for purple hair, if I wasn't so awkward.

Short review for a short novella of 84 pages. It's free to download on amazon which is awesome. If you want a quick read and just a nice romance, download this one. Who doesn't like a free romance novella?!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I have read it too and I totally agree. It's short but also sweet and romantic. Not to mention that it's also free! :D Great review, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie McGarry does dual point of view very well!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete