King of Forgotten Clubs - Jennifer Recchio

10 June 2014


Pages: 54 pages
Edition: ARC
Language: English
Publisher: All Night Reads
Source: Netgalley
Started: 21st of May, 2014
Finished: 21st of May, 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY ON AMAZON
There’s two hours left before Pak Higgins’ paper on the psychology of needs is due. Two hours to figure out what he needs in his life. Is it the girlfriend that dumped him for being too distant? The friends he’s barely talking to anymore? Or maybe it’s the running girl who crashed through his window at three in the morning with a desperate plea for help.

It’s definitely not the parents who tried to leave him in a boarding school in France or the money he walked away from to cut himself off from them.

But needing is a funny thing. Sometimes it’s the ones you want to run from that you need the most.

King of Forgotten Clubs is a novella of approximately 60 pages and the sequel to Queen of Broken Hearts.

MY THOUGHTS

I don't know what to think about this novella. I had read the first part of this 'mini series' and I saw this one on Netgalley and I just had to read this one. It was just too tempting. Plus I really do like the covers of this series. But I read this one  in just one day, because it was quite short. But I was so confused by this. I wasn't really sure what this was about.

It was kind of an odd story. I have to agree that the previous part was also really odd, but this was just wow. This topped it all off. I was so confused. Okay so Pak, who I vaguely remember from the previous one is pretty depressed about Birdie breaking up with him. His parents want him gone to a boarding school in France and at some point a girl comes in his house wanting help. But Pak, as kind as he is, offers her help obviously, but brings him and his friends in danger.

The names of this novel were weird too, but thankfully there were some normal-ish names in this one too. I'm still confused about the name 'Pak'. In Dutch 'Pak' just means package, or as a verb grab. So that was a little weird to me.

The writing was pretty good, it didn't bother me. It was just not for me. I hope other people enjoy this one a bit more than I did.

I don't have a lot to say about this. I enjoyed it, it was a quick read, but I don't think it worked out. I think it would've worked better if it were just a little bit longer and a little less fast-paced, because that confused me.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to enjoy a book when you don't connect with it. I'm sorry this happened with this book. This series sounds interesting but I'm not sure it's for me. Great review, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete