Keeping Her - Cora Carmack

06 June 2014


Pages: 176 pages
Edition: Paperback
Language: English
Publisher: William Morrow
Source: Purchased
Series: Losing It #1.5
Started: 17th of May, 2014
Finished: 18th of May, 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY AT TBD
Garrick Taylor and Bliss Edwards managed to find their happily-ever-after despite a rather . . . ahem . . . complicated start. By comparison, meeting the parents should be an absolute breeze, right?

But from the moment the pair lands in London, new snags just keep cropping up: a disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, more than one (mostly) minor mishap, and the realization that perhaps they aren't quite as ready for their future as they thought.

As it turns out, the only thing harder than finding love is keeping it.

MY THOUGHTS

I had waited so long until this book arrived when I had ordered it. Because I really liked Losing It. After the epilogue of that one, I just had to know what happens and thank god this happened to exist. I knew I had to get my hands on this one, because I had to know what was going to happen. And it was cheap. And Sandra loves cheap. And I'm saying you guys, if you order this in paperback, IT IS SUPER TINY. SO CUTE.

In this novella we follow Garrick and Bliss when they go visit Garrick's parents in England. Bliss hasn't met them yet and she is really, really nervous that something will go wrong. Well some stuff obviously goes wrong to add a little drama and well then you have a great recipe for a cute novella that you read in one or two sittings.

I love this kind of New Adult. I really do. I love Cora Carmack even though I have only read Losing It and Keeping Her, but I'm definitely planning to get my hands on the other novels because I need them in my life.

The writing is cute, it's real and it's simple. I did have a feeling as if the events in this book happened all a little fast. They only knew each other for a year and were ready to take very big steps in their lives while they were so young. It's not my decision, but if I were them, I'd definitely talked about some things first. I'm glad it was as real as it could get though. It was quirky and cute like Losing It and I'd love to read more about Garrick and Bliss, but I'm sure that this was a great ender to their story.

Definitely recommended to read after you have read Losing It, otherwise it's a little hard to understand some parts, but it was really nice. So if you have about 3 euros to spare and you would want to know what happens next. I'd highly recommend you buy this one, because it was fun!

3 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read any Cora Carmack book but I do plan on Losing It being the first! Now I know that I'll have to pick that up together with this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me that everyone has read this series but me. I have heard amazing things about it and I must read it soon. I'm so happy you enjoyed this short story as well. Great review, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Cora's books - the characters always ring very true....

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete