Losing It - Cora Carmack

06 May 2014


Pages: 204 pages
Edition: Ebook
Language: English
Publisher: William Morrow
Source: Gifted
Series: Losing It #1
Started: 29th of April, 2014
Finished: 1st of May, 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY AT TBD
Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

MY THOUGHTS

So, I'm always a little apprehensive about reading New Adult books. Why? I don't like them if they have erotic scenes on every other page. Why I do like them? Because the characters are about my age. In Young Adult, they are usually younger and in New Adult they are usually older, but they are in college and I'm going to college soon too. So I don't know. But Francine recommended this one to me for Epic Recs in May, so I was happy to read it. And I might have started on it a little too soon, even before finishing the Epic Recs for April.

Losing it is about Bliss Edwards, who is the only virgin in her group of friends. She decides that she wants to get it over with as soon and as easy as possible. She goes out to a bar and meets a really handsome guy who she leaves naked in her bed with a terrible excuse. She arrives for college and she recognizes the professor. She left him naked in her bad a few hours ago.

Oh this is beautiful. I adored the blurb, it sound so cute and awkward and that was true. I love this kind of New Adult. Something realistic and awkward and I loved their blossoming romance too. I loved how she did not just dive into it. She had her own voice. She knew what she wanted and what she didn't want to. And I really liked how Garrick took care of that and respected her wishes (which I think is very important). And the epilogue, people. THAT EPILOGUE. I just wanted to read more and then I bought the next book. And I want it to arrive already okay.

Cora Carmack's writing is awesome. It feels so real and I think Cora Carmack is doing the New Adult genre good justice. I love how she wrote more books and I would definitely add them to my list of books I must read. Because I really loved this one. I giggled out loud and I smiled and I fangirled to my mother and my sister (they didn't understand it at all).

Would I recommend this novel? Yes definitely! Everyone should read it. Well not everyone. It is steamy for some parts, but it is also so cute and awkward. People that are a fan of contemporary reads (ME!) would really like this one. Besides it was/is on sale on amazon now! And they aren't too expensive on the book depository either!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a crazy situation! This book sounds like it would make an awesome movie!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes! Now that you say so! You should definitely pick it up when you have the time, it was really nice and a wonderful novel! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is one of those books I have heard only amazing things about but still haven't read it. I like the sound of it and I'll hopefully read it soon. I'm so glad you loved it. Great review, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it, Tanja! It is really good and I'm sure you would enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I totally laughed at the "fangirling to mother and sister" part. Hahaha! I bet none of my family would understand either. XD And yes, THAT EPILOGUE! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, my family doesn't understand but I don't care :P It just had to be said okay. It was awesome.

      Delete
  4. I'm a bit hesitant to read NA books for the same reason you are! I like the story of this one, though! I only wish it had a different cover because really, if anyone sees me reading this I will just die of shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the kindle version, so there wasn't really a cover to show. But I totally understand what you mean though!

      Delete
  5. I'm happy that you enjoyed this book. It's not my favorite NA, but it was okay read for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read too much NA, so for me this was great! Still glad you enjoyed it though :)

      Delete
  6. I do enjoy her books and agree that this was a very fun story!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun story indeed! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  7. I read this a looong time ago. Losing it sounded like a complicated read so I got into it, but *sigh for me I didn't enjoy her writing as you did. I've always had high standards for contemporaries so it felt uneasy reading this. Thanks for sharing!

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete