How To Love - Katie Cotugno

02 January 2014


Pages: 400 pages
Edition: Paperback
Language: English
Publisher: Quercus
Source: Won
Started: 23rd of December, 2013
Finished: 29th of December, 2013

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY AT TBD
This is a love story. But it’s not what you think. This is not a first kiss, or a first date. This is not love at first sight. This is a boy and a girl falling in messy, unpredictable, thrilling love. This is the complicated route to happiness that follows.

This is real. This is life. This is how to love.

BEFORE:
Reena has loved Sawyer LeGrande for as long as she can remember. But he’s never noticed her, until one day… he does. They fall in messy, complicated love. But then Sawyer disappears from their humid Florida town, leaving a devastated – and pregnant – Reena behind.

AFTER:
Three years later and there’s a new love in Reena’s life: her daughter Hannah. But just as swiftly and suddenly as he disappeared, Sawyer turns up again.

After everything that’s happened, can Reena really let herself love Sawyer again?

MY THOUGHTS

So I won this book in a giveaway from the publisher on twitter and I was super excited to finally read this book. At first I thought this book was a new adult or maybe even an adult book, but once I started reading it, I knew it was a mix between young and new adult, and that was just perfect.

First, I want to get it out. I really adore the cover, I really love this one, but there is also a greenish version of the cover and I really adore that one as well. And the backside of the book is even prettier! It's just beautiful. I am a sucker for great covers and I really think I would've purchased the book just because I love the look of the cover. Kudos to the designer of the cover!

Love is difficult and definitely confusing. And this was definitely a novel that conveyed this so perfectly. It's a real book, it's clear and it's about life. The main character, Reena falls in love with Sawyer…twice. The book flip-flops between 'before' and 'after' but I got confused a lot between the two different stories, but I really enjoyed the concept, and this didn't make me change my mind about this book either.

Reena was a lovely character, it was logical how she responded to some situations, although she trusted Sawyer too soon in my opinion, I don't think I would have trusted someone again. Yet I enjoyed reading about Reena and Sawyer and I loved reading about their relationship blooming. It was a lovely novel.

I would definitely recommend this book to people that enjoy reading Young Adult books that have a little spark of New Adult, then this is a book you must read! It's great, it's not too long and it's a standalone, which is nice between all these series once in a while. Do read this one!

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this book because I thought it gave such a well rounded view of how love isn't always perfect. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was better than I expected it to be, and I love that about books! Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete